Monday, November 10, 2008

Spotlight on Beacon's Closet

Okay, this is the last post about New York. I swear. I had a chance to visit a few vintage shops while in NY, and Beacon's Closet, located in Williamsburg (another location in Park Slope), seemed to have the most hype. As we walked towards it, we past many a trendy lookin' girl toting the bright pink bags, with the strange looking bald headed man sporting thick rimmed glasses, plastered on the side. I did find it to be a bit pricey but I'm a kind of cheap, and its New York, which is expensive all round. But it was also overwhelming in terms of the selection. The place is huge and one could spend hours there looking for that perfect find.
The cool thing about Beacon's Closet is that you can trade in your old clothes for cash or store credit (if they are valued/wanted). I think this is one of the best parts about vintage/thrift is the recycling of clothes, but also of ideas. Things come into and out of vogue in both society and ones own personal style, it is a constant cycle.

Corner leading up to the store



My friend Natalie about to go in


Dress purchased at the store



What's your favourite Vintage Store?

No comments: