Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Rusty likes: Japanese Fashion!

This past summer I spent a month living in Tokyo. During that month I had quite the exposure to the Japanese fashion lifestyle. It felt like everyday without any intention to do so, I would end up in some sort of store and mainly it was for clothes. Two Tokyo labels that really caught my eye were: Ne-net and Merci Beaucoup. They both have some really outrageous looking clothes, and really interesting shapes. SO if you ever happen to be moseying around the streets of Tokyo with nothing to do (impossible) then try checking them out. Here are a few samples from their most recent collection.

3 comments:

APT909 said...

great blog!!

Wash Rinse Hang to Dry said...

Thanks for the info on the traditional Japanese clothing. While I was in Japan I really enjoyed seeing people all decked out in their traditional wear. I wanted to know whether it was for a special occasion or they just felt like getting particularly dressed up that day, or if they just always dressed like that. I also had a chance to visit a vintage Kimono shop just off Omotesando in Tokyo. They were all neatly stacked and folded perfectly. I could have spent hours in their looking at all the different patterns intricately stitched into the fabrics.
But the point I was trying to get across about contemporary Japanese fashion is that it is just so unique. They have such an originality that no other culture seems to have.

Once again thanks for the comments!

Anonymous said...

particularly like the ice cream wig :)
great clothes!